Dental bonding is a cosmetic procedure that improves the appearance of your smile by using tooth-coloured composite resin material. It is used to repair chips and gaps in teeth and alter their shape and colour. Unlike other cosmetic procedures like porcelain veneers, dental bonding is completely reversible.
What is Dental Bonding?
Dentistry bonding, commonly known as teeth or composite bonding, is a cosmetic dental procedure designed to enhance your smile’s appearance. Our dentist near you will use tooth-coloured resin during this surgery to change the impacted teeth’ size, shape, or colour.
Why is Dental Bonding Recommended?
Dental bonding is considered to enhance the aesthetic of your smile. This cosmetic process is advised to:
- Cover the teeth’s cracks and chips
- Restore discoloured teeth
- Eliminate gaps and spaces between teeth
- Change the shape of your teeth and make them look longer
Dental bonding is also used in restorative dental treatments to:
- Filling dental cavities
- Replace dental fillings
- Preserve the tooth roots that have become exposed due to gum recession.
How Dental Bonding Can Enhance Smiles
1. Fills gaps between the teeth
Dental bonding can close small gaps between your teeth. The gaps are filled with a composite resin material to achieve a shiny appearance, which is then applied, hardened, and polished onto the tooth. It is an ideal option for those who want to avoid orthodontic treatment.
2. Make your teeth look longer
Dental bonding can address such issues if teeth are naturally not long enough or have chips or cracks. This improves the attractiveness of your face and gives your teeth a more natural appearance.
3. Fix discoloured teeth
This cosmetic procedure can match your natural tooth colour and aid in removing severe stains from your teeth.
4. Repair chips and cracks
Teeth that have chips and cracks usually look misshapen or excessively short. Dental bonding is one of the best and most recommended options to address fragmented teeth. They also raise the possibility of other oral health problems.
5. Creates a smile that’s uniform
Misshapen and uneven teeth can be fixed using dental bonding, giving you a straight, aesthetically pleasing smile.
If you want to learn more about this cosmetic dentistry treatment, you can contact our experts, who offer dental bonding near you.
Our dentist in SE Calgary will take X-rays and inspect your teeth and gums to ensure you are fit enough for the procedure before starting your treatment. Before receiving dental bonding, take care of any serious oral health issues, such as severe tooth decay, gum disease, or other conditions.
Your dentist will perform the following steps during this procedure:
- Select the shade to give a more natural-looking appearance to your teeth
- Prepare the surface of your tooth to ensure that the substance adheres to your teeth.
- Apply composite resin material
- Hardening the material with a special curing light
- Give your teeth a natural shine by polishing them.
Advantages of Dental Bonding
This cosmetic procedure offers a wide range of benefits, including:
- Comparatively less invasive than other treatments like dental crowns or veneers.
- It is the least expensive treatment for improving appearance.
- Many aesthetic imperfections, such as chips, fractures, gaps, or discolouration, can be concealed.
- The procedure can be performed in just a single visit.
Avoiding unhealthy habits like biting nails, chewing pens, ice, and other hard objects is important because bonding materials can chip. Consult your dentist immediately if you notice sharp corners on your bonded tooth or if your teeth feel strange when you bite down.
After dental bonding, you can take care of your teeth in the following ways:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day
- Floss once a day
- Use an antibacterial mouthwash once or twice daily to rinse your mouth
- Visit your dentist for routine checkups and cleanings
Visit us at Destination Dental Clinic if you’re interested in obtaining dental bonding in SE Calgary. Contact us to schedule an appointment today! We are happy to help you achieve the smile you desire.